Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Thursday, November 13, 2014

I Am Not The Only Starbucks Snob


Yesterday I had an eye appointment in the Back Bay. As I got on the T to make my way over to State Street, this guy strikes up a conversation with me asking me if Tufts used to be New England Medical Center. I tell him that they basically used a label maker to put up the Tufts stop and if he looks real close he can probably see what it used to be. He comes to the conclusion that it was New England and then he tells me that he is never on the Orange line but he was being lazy and wanted to hop on to North Station.

He then tells me “I hope there is a Starbucks there! I need a coffee.”

“No Starbucks! Just two Dunkin Donuts!” I reply.

“Are you kidding me? You can’t be serious! I can’t have Dunkin’s!” he screams.

I just look at him.

“I mean, I totally sound like a coffee snob but I am not. I just can’t have watered down, sugary crap! This is bull sh*t! OK, what I just said totally makes me a coffee snob but whatever!”

I laugh and tell him that what he just said is EXACTLY how I feel! Thank god! No one understands my deep hatred for Dunkin’s but this guy could totally relate! We were at Downtown Crossing when he started to rationalize getting off at a different stop for Starbucks.

I pointed out that he could get off at State and pop up to the one on Washington and either walk the rest of the way or hop back on the T to North Station if he had time.

Guess what…he got off at State for Starbucks! Yup! Starbucks is THAT important!

I wished him well and then went towards my building. By the time I got to my building and all that talk about Starbucks, I popped into the one at my lobby and treated myself to a lovely Carmel Brule Latte!

No comments:

Post a Comment